Famed for its rich history, beautiful sights and sophisticated way of life, France is one of the most popular study destinations in the world. Thousands of international students flock there each year in search of ‘la belle vie’ (the beautiful way of life). If the food, wine, museums and cafe culture haven’t enticed you already, read on to find out even more reasons why France could be the perfect study destination for you. It may surprise you to know that the cost of higher education in France is quite reasonable compared to other popular study destinations such as the UK and the USA. If you’re from the EU, you won’t be required to pay higher tuition fees than French students. Funding and grants are also available and the French Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs allocates a large number of grants to international students. Having said that, it’s important to note that the cost of living can be considerably higher, particularly in cities like Paris where food and accommodation can be pricey.
- Dijon Burgundy School Of Business
- Grenoble School of Management
- EM Strasbourg Business School
- Esigelec School of Engineering (Grande ecole)
- Le Cordon Bleu Neoma Business School
- Normandy Business School
- Novancia Business School Paris
- Skema Business School
- Schiller International University
- Telecom Ecole De Management
- EMN Nantes
- Toulouse Business school
- Audencia Business school
- ESC Rennes
- Ms in Auditing, Accounting & Management & Information Systems
- Msc in Corporate Financial Management
- Msc in Financial Market & Investments
- Msc in International Marketing & Business Development
- Msc in Strategic Event Management & Tourism Management
- Msc in Luxury & Fashion management
- Msc in Web- Marketing & International Project managemnt
- Msc in International Business
- Msc in Enterpreneurship & Innovation for a Sustainable world
- Msc in Strategic Human Resource Management
- Msc in Business Consulting & Information Systems Management
- Msc in Supply Chain Management & Purchasing
- Msc in Project & Programme Management & Business Development
- Msc in Business & Economics
- Msc in Wine and Marketing Management
Living Expenses In France
- Accommodation costs from EURO 120 to EURO 380 per month.
- Food costs from EURO 130 to EURO 150 at university restaurants per month.
- Miscellaneous items (transport & leisure) cost EURO 100 per month.
Please note that the costs are an average approximations and they vary from university to university.
Approximately INR.6Lac per year, Monthly INR.45,000
The cost of compulsory medical insurance is approximately Euro 130 to Euro 715, per year depending on the age of the student.
- The cost of language training in France is approximately Euro 350 per month. It is advisable to learn French from recognized learning centers before leaving for France.
- An individual usually spends 100 euro per week on grocery items and food consumption.
Managing Your Money
- Major credit cards such as Visa and MasterCard, are accepted by most merchants for payments in excess of 15 Euros. Automated teller machines (ATM) are readily available in cities.
- The French make extensive use of checks. However, checks drawn on foreign banks are rarely accepted by French merchants.
- The Euro is now the sole currency used for all cash transactions in France.
You may apply for a temporary residence authorisation (APS, autorisation provisoire de séjour) valid for 12 months beyond the date of expiration of the student’s residency permit, and non-renewable. This is a residence right to remain in France for professional reasons.
The authorisation allows the student to work at any job in relation with his/her study course as long as the wage is at least equivalent to 1.5 times the SMIC (minimum legal wage). In such case, the student cannot be denied the job situation in France.
Working in France during your studies
Students are entitled to work part time up to 20 hours a week off campus. According to French legislation there is a minimum gross salary between 7 to 10 euros per hour.
In France all programs are followed by very well paid internship of 6 to 12 months in multinational companies.